Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Reality Realized While Watching Reality T.V.

My current reality was revealed to me tonight while I was watching "Psychic Kids." I was sitting on my couch with my roommate and since we had both suffered from a long day of dealing with annoying people all asking us to do something for them, we pigged out on pizza and wine and decided to vege out in front of the t.v. I love reality t.v. and my heart was set on some mindless Bravo Housewives shows, but I know my roommate hates them, so I settled for "Psychic Kids."

 (Chris Coffey from the show)

The episode was called "Demon House" and it recounted how this 13 year old girl who lived with her single mother in Fort Lauderdale fled their house one night because of a demonic presence and haven't gone back since. They now live in another house by the water and have a dock, and just let the other house sit. They are too afraid to go back in and retrieve their belongings, rent the house, or put it up for sale. And even while they were visiting the house in the dark and feeling like they were being "clawed" on the head while doors were opening and birds were randomly flying around (quite a creepy scene), I couldn't take my mind off the fact that this daughter and single mother had the money to own two houses in FL, both which looked really nice, and one was on the water!

The whole point of sitting down and watching t.v. is for me to shut my brain off and take my mind off of my endless money worries for an hour, but instead, this stupid show was making me more agitated!

So, I realized in that moment that I am officially hyper-focused on being broke and that I am seriously unbalanced if I can't even depend a superb show like "Psychic Kids" to take my mind off my bills..

Link to the video-- http://youtu.be/k-5ghmzJ-VI

No comments:

Post a Comment